Sunday, April 10, 2011

Its Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

It's hard to explain why the mixture instruments that go into creating the feel-good folk song Home, and ballad 40 day dream, works. It just does.
This band has been able to master something solely their own. Their lyrics and tunes inspire a feelings drive one to croon along and/or hum loudly.
Their's are the sort of songs you get excited over when they play on the radio.
I listened to Home while reading a book over the summer, and felt it mirrored it so well. I'll admit it was probably the reason I enjoyed the book so much. After it, I didn't know if the band could possibly create another tune that I found as awesome. Somehow, it's hard for me to comprehend how many songs there are out there to still be created. So many bands are only known for one song. But, I was happy when they shattered that expectation and worked more of their magic on 40 day dream.
Also, check out the lead singer's solo album (can you guess his name), it's received good reviews.
Hope to hear more,

-Astrangerelegance

No comments:

Post a Comment